Nara National Research Institute for Cultural Properties (hereinafter ‘NNRICP’) established the ‘Fund for Conservation and Research of Cultural Properties’ in 2017 (Heisei 29) to solicit wide-ranging contributions from the general public. We look forward to receiving your warm support and cooperation for our endeavors.
In additions to regular NNRICP research, donations will be used selectively for the following activities.
- The rescue, preservation and restoration of cultural properties damaged by disasters
- International cooperation projects
- The digitalization and publication of all reports into the excavation and research of archaeological cultural properties
- The washing and preservative treatment of mokkan wooden plates
- The collection of information on earthquake or volcano damage suffered by excavated sites; and the construction of a database for conveying this information to the public
Donors gifting 50,000 yen or more will receive a special letter of appreciation. With their prior permission, donor names will also listed on our homepage and noticeboards, etc. Donors gifting 50,000 yen or more will also receive a year’s subscription to NNRICP publications if they wish.
*Limited to addresses within Japan.
Information Based on the Specified Commercial Transactions
|Nara National Research Institute for Cultural Properties
|Motonaka Makoto, Director General
|2-9-1 Nijo-cho, Nara-shi, Nara 630-8577, Japan
|Application and Payment Method,Other Fees
|Please access this page.
|Time of Payment
|When confirming the donation.
|Time of Shipping, Return and Exchange Policy
|Please access full policy from this page.
Details on Preferential Tax Treatments
Taxation on Contributions
The Independent Administrative Institution National Institutes for Cultural Heritage (Nara National Research Institute for Cultural Properties’s governing body) is a designated public-service promotion corporation. As such, individuals and companies making contributions to Nara National Research Institute for Cultural Properties can receive preferential income and resident tax treatment separate from other general donations.
Contributions to Conservation, Restoration and Research Fund are eligible for this preferential tax treatment.
*If you pay income tax in Japan and wish to receive a Certificate for a tax deduction, please refer to the Inquiries tab to contact us after confirming your donation.
How to Apply for Preferential Tax Treatment
Please submit the Donation Acceptance Certificate or the Receipt issued by Nara National Research Institute for Cultural Properties when filing your taxes.
These documents are needed to receive preferential tax treatment, so please store them securely.
About Preferential Tax Treatments (Deductions)
Contributions to designated public-service promotion corporations are eligible for the following preferential tax treatment.
When an individual makes donations to a public-service promotion corporation, the amount paid is treated as a "designated donation" and a certain amount is subject to tax deduction following appropriate procedures. This system allows either [the sum of total donation made during the year] or [Amount equal to 40% of total income] (Applied to the lower amount of the two) minus 2000 yen to be deducted from taxes.
- If total annual income is 8,000,000 yen:
40% of total annual income = 3,200,000 yen
- Tax deducted in this case is calculated as follows:
If total amount of donation is 50,000 yen; (50,000 yen - 2,000 yen = 48,000 yen)
If total amount of donation is 4,000,000 yen; 3,200,000 - 2,000 yen = 3,198,000 yen
When a corporate makes donations to a public-service promotion corporation, the amount paid can be listed separate from standard donations to receive preferential tax deduction. In addition, the revisions to the tax system in 2012 raised the deductible amount limit to allow for a further preferential treatment.
⇒Deductible tax amount = (Capital fund x 0.375% + 6.25% of Gross Income) x 1/2
How to Donate
Payment by credit card
- Enter the donation amount, fill in required items(*)and select ‘Add to Cart’ on the page of the project you wish to support (donors can make multiple donations).
- After checking the ‘Cart Contents’ on the cart page, please proceed to checkout.
- Please fill in the necessary information(*).
- After checking all the details on the ‘Checkout’ page, please confirm your donation.
*We accept the following cards.
*Notes regarding credit card payments
- Credit cards can only be used by the person who owns the card.
- Payments in multiple installments are not possible.
- As a general rule, changes cannot be made and funds cannot by returned after a payment is made.
- The payment will be taken from the designated account on the date determined by your credit card company. Please consult the statement issued by your credit card company for details.
- Please contact your credit card company if an error occurs after payment is made.
Payment by bank transfer (Limited to addresses within Japan)
Donors without receiving benefits
Please direct transfer to the account below.
*Please pay the bank transfer fees separately.
Transfer account: Nanto Bank Honten branch (branch number 010) regular account 21111865 (account number)
Account holder’s name (katakana): 「ドク）コクリツブンカザイキコウ ナラブンカザイケンキユウシヨ」
Donors with receiving benefits
Please direct transfer to the account above. Also please fill out a Donation Application Form and provide to address below.
Financial Affairs, Administrative Division, Nara National Research Institute for Cultural Properties
Address: 2-9-1, Nijo-cho, Nara City, 630-8577 Japan
*Please pay the transfer fees separately.
*You can also donate directly to the donation boxes installed in the NNRICP’s Nara Palace Site Museum, the Reconstructed Nara Palace Former Imperial Audience Hall, the Exhibition Room of the Fujiwara Imperial Site, and the Asuka Historical Museum. There are no limits on contributions to the donation boxes.